Friday, March 18, 2011

NYC

                                Mosaics are everywhere in NY.  Here is a great one at a Subway Stop
                          I have always loved Picasso Three Musicians and always include it in my lesson plans. 
 My favorite thing of the entire city.  I sometimes would stare endlessly at this Roebling Masterpiece. 
 Frank Lloyd Wright's greatest wonder....the Guggenheim.  When I nannyed for a family in NY, the girl's school was a block from this museum.  At least once a week I took a stroll by and always snapped some pics. 
                                                 A Roy Lictenstein in Time Square Subway Station. 
                                                                   Calder Wire Circus
My favorite art in NYC....street Art. 


So, if you don't know by now  I am obsessed with New York City.  I feel so blessed to have been able to have lived in this amazing city filled to the brim with everything....including art.  I was fortunate enough to have lived a "fairy tale" life in NYC of working part time, and in the other "part time" I painted, went to art museums and tried to search endlessly for everything I could find in NY.  Obviously, you could live a life time in this city and never see all of it's wonders but I am going to post some of my very favorite ART wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment