Monday, March 21, 2011

Let's Face It......

 

 

This is a great project I did with 6th grade.  I printed out about 100 famous people from the past or present.  The list included some people such as Gandi, Justin Bieber, Hannah Montana, Derek Jeter, Lebron James, Julius Ceasar, and Winston Churchill.  I put them in a pile of male and female.  I made the students close their eyes and pic.  They could then switch with someone if they really wanted.  I did this to prevent a mad rush for Justin Bieber or Selena Gomez.  Next the students cut the picture in half and glued one side on a piece of paper.  The kept the other side to look at and draw.  I taught them face proportion, value and how to shade.  I then took them to the computer lab and they had to write a three paragraph essay on who the person was and why they were famous.  The results were fantastic, and hey,  they even learned something about Johnny Cash, Gorbechev, and the Dalai Lama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment