Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blue Dog

Curtis and I went to New Orleans in December of 2002.  Blue Dog was a celebrity all over town.  George Rodrigue's Gallery is right in the French Quarter and you cannot go to this city without seeing his famous canine.  Since then, I have collected Blue Dog stuff, had a painting of him in my classroom on the wall and love to see what kids think about Blue Dog Paintings.  Recently I had my fifth graders choose between the Mona Lisa, American Gothic, Scream or Blue Dog, to study, and change.  Here are some fantastic examples!  I also just submitted them to Rodrigue's student gallery so keep your fingers crossed we get published!  Check it out:  http://www.georgerodriguefoundation.org/education
These are by: Laney, Hannah, Emma, and McKenzie





No comments:

Post a Comment